<VV> awards, Concours, and more...

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:09:34 -0700

At 11:43 hours 06/11/2004 -0400, Bruce Schug wrote:
>At Asheville in 1988 I competed in my only concours. I received a very
>nice real wood plaque stating, "SECOND IN CLASS" and "MODIFIED LATE
>CLOSED".

One of our guys entered his daily driver in MODIFIED and got 3rd place...
he'd driven the car to  the convention and had hosed it off at a car wash
before entering.   He was quite pleased at the results of the show and at
bringing home any sort of trophy/ribbon at all from a national convention,
and from a daily driver at that.

>Now, back to more important matters, who knows the diameter of an
>original 7.00-13 Corvair tire. Is it:
>
>A. 23.6"
>
>B. 24.1"
>
>C. About 25.3"
>
>D. None of the above?

Well, I got curious and went outside and measured the original 7.00x13
(code dated Oct-66) spare tire on the spare tire mount bracket in the daily
driver '67 coupe and it measured out as none of the above.   Got it exactly
right...

tony..