<VV> EUM Springy stumble

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:38:37 EDT

In a message dated 6/11/04 11:17:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kaczmarek@charter.net writes:

> One problem.....The front springs (Corvair Underground)were taller than the
> stock ones that came off the car. I asked Lon and on the list for opinions
> and the consensus was that when the car sat down on them, they would be fine.
> Well....
>
> When the car is sitting still, it looks like you have just dumped in the
> clutch at about 5grand. 13" between the front spoiler and the ground, and
> looking at the car from the side you can see the entire shock tower inside the
> wheel well... Also, the springs are SO stiff that 220 lbs of Eric standing on the
> bumper and jumping on it makes no movement of the front end. and this is
> with the bolts on the lower control arms still loose.

Hank!,  I happened to be at Lon's the day your order was packed......

I figured..you and the Ms's...10 cases of "Milwaukee Tumor Liquid"....every
spare part available......all the parts you don't any any more and are willing
to trade for BBQ.........3 picnic baskets [ 164qt. size]...10 cases of
napkins......and the BEGINNERS MANUAL !!!

Lon had a new set of front coils for his MACK truck laying
there.......GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Way to go!
Do NOT  cut the coils.....stiffer for sure!.....pop the old ones back
in...car was on blocks for 15 yrs.....they're still probably fine.....

wcuh
 [ looking for someone else to "rag" on...soon......]