<VV> Re: Early vs. Late turbos

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:45:26 -0700

I agree, I think the earlies spool up faster due to the smaller turbo parts
and especially matched with the smaller engine.  I also think that the size
of the plumbing has an affect ... the plumbing is the same for my small
engined 62 as it is for a large engined 65+  ... it seems to me that this
is additional restriction on the larger engines causing a delay ...

At 07:28 AM 6/11/2004, Jim Simpson wrote:
>From: Jim Simpson <simpsonj@bellatlantic.net>
>Subject: Early vs. Late turbos
>Cc: virtualvairs@skiblack.com
>
>Not trying to fan any flames over the early vs. late wars, but the early
>turbos used a smaller turbine and compressor.  As a consequence, it will
>spool up more quickly and particularly with the smaller displacement
>engine give (some) boost in the lower gears.

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html