<VV> Throw-out bearing noise

Ewell Mills emills5@cfl.rr.com
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:47:51 -0400

I made a post a couple or three days ago about a newly assembled power train
with the new throw out bearing  making noise only when the bearing was first
touching the pressure plate. (Fine with clutch all the way in or all the way
out).  Maybe my question was to basic or stupid for anyone to reply to, since
no one offered any suggestions.  Just thought I would up-date my own request
for help since the problem seems to have gone away.  I am now assuming that
the new bearing was possibly quite tight and rather than spinning up as it
touched the pressure plate, was allowing the pressure plate to spin against
the bearing making the noise.  The noise gradually went away as I used the
car, and now makes no noise and works fine.  I suppose that it was just that
the new bearing had to be spun enough to break itself in.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.