<VV> Brakes - Since us Non-lex goes need something to talk about

Dave Hammelef davhammcar@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:52:53 -0700 (PDT)

I have always hated drum brakes. Ever since I was a
kid, every time I had to do a brake job I would
struggle to get the drums off. Well my 64 vert was
pulling to the left and locking up under moderate to
heavy breaking so I decided I needed to take a look.
Jacked up the front tonight, got everything going
fine. I really like the access hole being in the drum
- backed off the shoes(of coarse on after tightening
DUH), Sprayed with PB blast. And nothing. Both front
drums wont budge. Sprayed more PB blast, and hope for
the same thing that happened the last time I did drum
brakes (about 5 yrs ago). After leaving the job for
the night about 45 min. later I hear a load pop in the
garage, go to look and the drum just popped off. Can I
get that lucky tonight???

So any tricks to getting drums off????

Dave Hammelef
'64 Vert
front 1/2 in Group Red
(point toward the setting sun, in Novi, MI)