<VV> Harbor Freight/Central Pneumatic

Roger Gault r.gault@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:50:15 -0500

Check out the HF specs VERY closely.  When I went over there to look at a
similarly rated compressor I found that the 11.1 CFM @ 40 PSI was "Peak
CFM", whatever the @#%% that is.  It wasn't clear what the real rating was.
But, then, I knew it was too good to be true.  About the best you can expect
from a 115VAC compressor is around 8 CFM @ 40 PSI.

My advice on compressors is to buy the biggest, "most industrial" compressor
you can possibly afford.  Stay away from the cheap brands, there is an
amazing amount of c@#$ out there.  The reason I haven't replaced my dead POS
Sears "5 HP" unit is that I haven't had the guts to tell my wife I'm going
to spend $750 or so on a compressor and I haven't gotten around to wiring my
garage for 220, but that's the direction I'll be going.

Roger