<VV> Another convention update

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:36:04 -0400

Mike, FWIW, the straps I was using were new last fall, had only been used once
before, and were rated for more than the weight of the car each.  BUT I only
used one in front and one in back.  So lesson number one is to always have a
backup method of securing the car to the trailer, preferably a chain, because
chains don't chafe.  I think I saw in the Northern Tool catalog where you could
purchase the straps that go over the tires, like the U-Haul trailers use.  I
think I prefer those because the tire is something that is not likely to chafe
the strap, and it's unsprung, so it's not going to work against the strap as
much over bumps.

I'm a very lucky man tonight.

Norm Witte