<VV> EUM Update

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:26:27 +0000

All
Since Matt's been asking.....

Springs from Clark's arrived about lunchtime today.

EUM will be on the ground, headed for the alignment shop and inspection station in the AM.

Friday, Eric has an appointment in Hendersonville,(up in the mountains west of Asheville) about 2 hours away. This is his usual test drive route anyway. The usual test is climbing Black Mountain, right on I-40. A 6 mile, 8% upgrade heading west. If she climbs Black Mountain, the car will be in the driveway ready for my test drive.

Pics and final updates will be sent to Ron Guy in the next week or so.

Since the last major update----
Steering box rebuild
complete front crossmember rebuild.
Wiring in the dash, getting everything ready for inspection.

Lights, exterior and interior
Mirrors
Front grill bar
spoiler
wheels and tires (the slotted aluminum rims show bits of orange paint from the drums behind them)
a non-customized(for now)NC FOP license plate, with "Classic Corvair" frame
Clean-up of overspray from the krylon paint job.
Seat and Seat Belt installation
Adjustment of hood and doors.

BTW, Matt I just got my NC title in the mail---took them 2 weeks to research your title. Wouldn't give it to me right away as the VIN number was so low. I considered putting the VIN tag from my old rustbucket in there, but......I didn't.

Whats next for the EUM???

Well, there's no radio, no interior, and a Krylon paint job.

Lots more to do...but now able to enjoy it...will advise as to the results of my test drive

HANK