<VV> Timing issue.

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:13:20 EDT

   In a message dated 6/16/2004 12:53:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
thegeek2@juno.com writes:>
> Every once in a while it chunks trying to accellerate, and sounds like a
> roller coaster going up hill while trying to accellerate.  I will try
> putting in a tank of preimum.
>
> It behaved very nice at the cruise, by the ocean, driving a mile up the
> road, it started the above symptoms.  It was humid yesterday, not so much
> by the ocean with the breeze.
>
> I think I should check the dwell and if needed advance the timing a
> little.

By all means...use 89 octane or greater..

1  during a "cruise"..you are not loading the engine...but when
accelerating..you are..

2 Advance timing?   wait until you use the higher octane fuel...advancing the
timing will increase the "chunk / clackity clack! which is DETONATION! /
PINGING!!...
Matt