<VV> From bad luck to good fortune

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:57:49 EDT

This are already looking up....

This afternoon I had some discussions with my wife about the fate of "The
Deer Hunter." I mentioned that I wasn't sure I wanted to go through the process
of rebuilding or rebodying the car and might just part out the car. She said,
"I won't let you do that." Far be it for me to argue with wise logic like that.
So, that removes one option.

I had a plan to purchase a new body as the existing one had lots of body work
and since I did it, it wasn't done very well. I wanted to continue to drive
the car until the new body was ready and then transfer the running gear and
interior to the new car. I think this is still going to be the plan.

In the mean time, Terry Kalp has a LM convertible thats in pretty good
condition, but needs an engine. He suggested that we transplant my engine into the
'vert so I'll have a Corvair to drive while we work on the new body. He also
mentioned that he may have some candidates for the new body, but can't remember
the condition of the bodies (must be tough when you have too many Corvairs to
remember all their conditions). What a buddy! I'll promise not to drive the
'vert in deer territory...

I called my insurance company to find out if deer hunting is covered. I
thought that I only had the minimum coverage as I've never had the policy reviewed
since the completion of the restoration. Turns out I have comprehensive which
covers collisions with any animals. I asked all kinds of questions about
buying the car back, determining the value of the car and other things. My agent
was very helpful and seemed willing to help me out. I made an appointment with
the adjuster Monday morning.

Stay tuned as "The Deer Hunter" becomes "The Phoenix"...

I guess every cloud DOES have a silver lining!

Ned

PS: Thank you to everyone who has offered help and parts, you all show the
true heart of Corvair people... I especially enjoyed the offers of Earlies (G)!