<VV> Convention Report - Thursday - Emerson

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:01:33 EDT

Today was the rally. It also rained. My highlight of the day was the David E.
Davis talk/tech Session. The standing-room-only crowd listened to anecdotes
about the Corvair advertising, Car Magazines along the way, the Shell winter
rally in Canada, and various GM management personnel (Hee Hee!). He also related
a "Brock Yates - mis-statement", referring to it as somewhat untrue - (as
Baloney). He answered questions about cars then, people then and now, and car
stuff in general. It was a great couple of hours. Even worth staying away from my
Vendor booth! I hope the outside vendors were prepared for the rain - Lots of
tarps were covering the stuff last night! Tomorrow is the Autocross. It will
be at the same lot as the Concours. I hope for no rain! - Later tonight will
be the CPF and the Corsa Annual meetings.   - Seth Emerson