<VV> From bad luck to good fortune

Brown, Douglas T CIV NAVAIR DEPT douglas.t.brown@navy.mil
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:03:25 -0700

Ned,
Good to hear you weren't injured.  That's great news that your damage is covered and your wife supports the rebuild.  I have a rust-free body available, but it has been modified for a mid V8 (ggg).

Do some homework regarding your options and I'm sure you'll come up with a good plan.  Looking at your website it's obvious you've spent a great deal of time making your Corsa as beautiful as it was, and it could look that good again.  You may even come out ahead with your insurance coverage.

I didn't see any fur or blood in the pics.  Either you cleaned it up or that deer was already freezer wrapped.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

Toby Brown
San Diego

~~~~~Original Message~~~~~
From: AeroNed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:57:49 EDT
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> From bad luck to good fortune
<SNIP>

I called my insurance company to find out if deer hunting is covered. I
thought that I only had the minimum coverage as I've never had the policy reviewed
since the completion of the restoration. Turns out I have comprehensive which
covers collisions with any animals. I asked all kinds of questions about
buying the car back, determining the value of the car and other things. My agent
was very helpful and seemed willing to help me out. I made an appointment with
the adjuster Monday morning.

Stay tuned as "The Deer Hunter" becomes "The Phoenix"...

I guess every cloud DOES have a silver lining!

Ned