<VV> EUM ON THE ROAD

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:49:33 +0000

All
You might see me jump to caps, as I feel the need to scream....

TOOK THE EUM ON ITS TEST DRIVE THIS AM!!!!!!!

Suspension:Handles the curves VERY WELL, 70 series tires holding a nice chunk of the road, 195's. Of course all ULTRA suspension parts were REMOVED!!!! everything in the front and rear suspension has been replaced or refurbished.
Spoiler helps too. Nice CORSA wheel is much easier to handle than that 6" Mexican model Matt had on there.

Drivetrain---one rocker arm seems to squeak a little when the engine is cold, but goes away when warm. Engine smooth.
     Shifter has been adjusted with several of Eric's tricks he won't tell me about. Better than a quick shifter imo.
     Only real bug is it seems to have too much tranny---this 4 speed I believe was originally in a van, and probably will be in a van again someday. When going 60, it sounds like you're going 70. I doubt I will take it up over 70mph anyway, not too many places around here other than the interstate where you can go 70, and I don't choose to do that often on a vehicle with 4 drum brakes. too long of a distance to stop. But overall, a torquey drivetrain. No problem for me.

Passed safety inspection with flying colors. Alignment done right, tracks flawlessly.

See next post......

HANK