<VV> EUM ON THE ROAD

Bob Lindsey rlindsey@pa.net
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 09:01:16 -0400

Congrats Hank!

Nothing quite as satisfying as the first ride after putting a lot of work on
a Vair.  I feel the entire VV group has enjoyed your updates, please keep us
informed.

Bob Lindsey

Hank Kacxmarek wrote:

> All
> You might see me jump to caps, as I feel the need to scream....
>
> TOOK THE EUM ON ITS TEST DRIVE THIS AM!!!!!!!
>
> Suspension:Handles the curves VERY WELL, 70 series tires holding a nice
chunk of the road, 195's. Of course all ULTRA suspension parts were
REMOVED!!!! everything in the front and rear suspension has been replaced or
refurbished.
> Spoiler helps too. Nice CORSA wheel is much easier to handle than that 6"
Mexican model Matt had on there.

> Drivetrain---one rocker arm seems to squeak a little when the engine is
cold, but goes away when warm. Engine smooth.
>      Shifter has been adjusted with several of Eric's tricks he won't tell
me about. Better than a quick shifter imo.
>      Only real bug is it seems to have too much tranny---this 4 speed I
believe was originally in a van, and probably will be in a van again
someday. When going 60, it sounds like you're going 70. I doubt I will take
it up over 70mph anyway, not too many places around here other than the
interstate where you can go 70, and I don't choose to do that often on a
vehicle with 4 drum brakes. too long of a distance to stop. But overall, a
torquey drivetrain. No problem for me.