<VV> Was> quick shifter-tight shifter

chuck chsadek@adelphia.net
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:13:38 -0400

One other thing not mentioned so far:  The cast housing holding the
shift lever you move in the passenger compartment, has a slotted ball on
it, located within the cast housing on the floor of the pass.
compartment.  This ball and thus the shaft moves on two "pins" pressed
into the sides of the cast housing.  They wear.  You can press in extra
roller bearings or find suitable dowels.  I have done mine and it really
helps.  I also can do these for you for a nominal fee plus shipping.
Email me off list at the above address and info copy to me at
sadekch@nswc.navy.mil so I can see it and then work it from home.

Chuck S
YS 73
BBRT