<VV> scam-no corvair

Delta Inc deltainc@grm.net
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:30:08 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Spencer Shepard" <sshepard3@hotmail.com>

> A friend is selling a nice '65 Galaxie convertible and I think he is being
set
> up for a scam. He has a "buyer" in England who wants to send him a
cashier's
> check for more money than the price of the car and shipping and have him
send
> some money back.> Spence Shepard
Yes, it's a scam, and a pretty common one.  Another  member of this very
group may add some words, and also here in Iowa a farmer got stuck with this
scheme, this time involving a very very expensive piece of farm machinery.
I guess if your friend contacted the "authorities" perhaps he could help nab
the crooks; but don't let him put *any* money into any plan.

If his rig is in decent shape, I think it is worth a good dime here in the
states ... those were the good old days, and Ford was making good cars back
then.

Hope this helps; ken campbell, iowuh