<VV> {{{ CAVEMAN SEARCH }}}} 1960 Corvair Owners Wanted

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:36:15 -0700

At 03:57 hours 06/19/2004 -0400, ROY HICKMAN III wrote:
>Hello Everyone,
>
>Well, Where Should I Start.....

Here would be a good place...  ;)

>It Seems that 1960 Corvair Cars are Getting Fewer and Fewer These
Days.....And
>That's Why We Need Youre Help.

Yep.    I still recall how all those '60 model Vairs were simply being
thrown away because they shared so few parts with any of the later vintage
Vairs... you know, the ones that were "worth something".

I don't know how many times I heard somebody mutter "It's just an old '60
model and isn't worth anything."

>But Those Of Us That Own One Want to BE Ready for the 2009 Convention Which
>Marks a History Event Unlike Any Other.
>
>This Will Be the " 50 Anniversary of the Corvair "

And should I last that long, I'll still likely be using my 700 4-door as a
daily driver.    I admit it's probably gonna get painted by then.   If I
let it goo for too much longer it's gonna start getting a little thin on
the top surfaces.    I also need to spread a little Hammerite on the floors
I just recently welded into the little sucker so they don't start to rust.
  Caveman Car was right, in more ways than one before I fixed the floors...
 got tired of the Flintstone jokes and cracks.

"So, Therefore If You Own a
>1960 4 door 500 series, 700 Series Sedan Or 2 door Or Even Monza 900 Series
>Car Contact Me and Let Me Know What You Have .

In the fleet:

1960 700 4-door, the grey/brown (mostly) Ugly Duck daily driver I've had
for 20+ years
1960 Monza coupe fresh Roman  Red lacquer, custom upholstery, bright and
straight and nice
1960 700 4-door project car stored away, kinda worn but not too bad to fix
up

>Currently We Found 15 Owners at The National Convention and I Personally
Would
>Like to Thank ED BITTMAN from St. Petersburg Florida for Getting Us Back
>together.

Absolutely, even if he does think I am "a real mess!"   ;)    Good to see
ya there again Ed.    And thanks for keeping the Caveman chapter viable.

>And If You Have Any 1960 Corvair Stuff That You Want to Sell or Need Someone
>to Buy .....I am Restoring Mine as A Few Others Are and We Need Parts for
this
>2009 Convention to Be a Success
>
>I Love to Give Praise to Those that Help .....If You Can HELP ---Email Me---

Post your requests...  somebody might be able to steer you to where you
need to go, or supply you with what you need, outright.

tony..