<VV> Back from Lexington

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh@hotmail.com
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 03:37:47 +0000

Got back safe today from Lexington.  Hope all the rest of you did too.  Did
see a scary accident on I-64 in WVa.

Greg Scarboro and company put on a great convention in my opinion (an
apparently commonly held opinion based on applause at the banquet).  I put
my car in everything I could and had a blast.

The concours and people's choice were chock full of gorgeous cars.  All the
events had large numbers - I'm guessing record numbers for most.  I believe
there were 140 in the display and another 70 or thereabouts in concours.

The rally course and econorun course went through as beautiful countryside
as I've encountered.  They were tightly organized and directions were clear.
  Challenging without being overly difficult or tedious, so we could enjoy
the scenery along the way.  I heard more than one person opine that the
horses appeared to live better than we do (but then they are probably
smarter than us too!).

The autocross was first rate.  A good fun course that was the most clearly
marked of the conventions I've attended to date.  No chance of getting lost,
so you could concentrate on driving rather than navigating.

Went to all the tech sessions.  I had some favorites, but they were all
worth the time I spent.

Even the banquet was full of surprises, and they tried a new format that got
us out before 10:30!  And Dennis and Debbie's picture show was the perfect
accompanyment to the awards.

And best of all, got to talk to all my old pals, and met new folks.  Just
wish I had a couple more days to spend more quality time!

Great job guys and gals!  Portland has a tough act to follow!  Hope I can
make it!

-- Doug Mackintosh
   Corsa member since 1996
   Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
   Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on

Married. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married