<VV> MidWest Mini Conventions

Robert Landers CorsaRob@charter.net
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:27:03 -0500

During the 90's we had quite a few successful MidWest Corvair Owners'
Conventions.

1991 Appleton, WI
1992 Des Moines, IA
1993 Milwaukee, WI
1994 St. Louis, MO
1996 Columbus, OH

Each of these conventions drew between 400-700 people and none of these were
held at the same time as the national convention.  They were great mini
conventions that afforded those who could not make the national with some
Corvair fun.  At our 1994 mini in St. Louis, Mike Kost of Show-Me Corvairs
even came up with an Ed Cole type competition called the "ACE" award.  The ACE
stood for All-around Corvair Enthuisast.  I believe Bill Pursell <sp?> won in
1994.  I do not recall who won the 1996 award at Columbus.

All of these mini's had a nationally-sanctioned Concours, a rally, an
econo-run, and an autocross... along with some great tours and tech sessions.

I attended all of them as well as the nationals in all years but 1991 and
1993.  Will be going to Portland next year and doing all the things that David
lists below but sure would enjoy a mini convention also!!

Rob Landers
Convention Co-Chair, St. Louis Mini Convention 1994