<VV> Another relatively new member/Seatbelts in a 64

LonzoVair@aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:28:22 EDT

Hey guys,
Just a note of interest... my 64 700 sedan assembled first week of June, 1964
has 2 option codes.... 2M5O
Everyone worth their salt knows 2M is the powerglide tranny.... the 5O had be
baffled, until I asked lclc at the convention...
Seatbelts were standard in JANUARY 1964, but not MANDATORY, so you could
order your car with a "seatbelt delete" and save about $5.00... guess what option
code that is? Yup, 5O.
Just wanted to share that with ya!
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd... now safe in White Mills
1964 700 sedan 95/pg