<VV> Importing a Canadian Yamaha

Macdonald David dmacd_us@yahoo.com
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 06:42:48 -0700 (PDT)

The EPA and DOT standards are *not* inclusive.

Most cars are OK but some are not.  The people I know
who had problems had Japanese cars that were equipped
specially for the Canadian market. If you have one of
these, it's not going to be cost effective or possible
to import it.

You will need a DOT and an EPA form when you get to
the border. I got a letter from the manufacturer for
my newer vehicles. They came in duty free because they
were made in the US or Canada to begin with. You may
have to pay duty.

You don't need to change the speedometer.

'65 Corvair Corsa's are easy to import because they
are so old that there is an exemption. :)