<VV> Boom.

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:33:08 -0600

	Rusty Mufflers do that with a good afterfire.  I started my 62 Buick
Special up one morning and boom and I heard a rustling sound, looked under
the car to find a pile of rust below where the muffler had once been.
Just put a new one on from your favorite source.  I would bet there is
still something not right in the carburetors.  Possibly Idle mixture is
off.  Possibly  the passages need to be cleared out again, really
thoroughly.  I usually take the Idle mixture screws out and sand them with
1000 grit sandpaper to smooth any burrs off when rebuilding.  Also they may
be new, but seriously re-check all the vacuum lines.  Especially those by
the base of the Carburetors for the balance, and check the line going to
the PG.  Check your float levels to, that can often cause problems.   Just
some thoughts of course it could be a myriad other possibilities.

Hope That Helps,
Geoff Johnson

--On Wednesday, June 23, 2004 1:07 PM -0400 chris czepyha