<VV> RE: "Competing" meets (was: 2005 conventions)

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:25:56 -0500

A "mini", in order to qualify for the CORSA insurance program would have to
be approved by the CORSA board.  I'm sure that they would be considering
several factors in their decision (besides just when and where).

Why don't we just trust our elected officers to make these decisions in the
best interest of the entire membership.  Isn't that what we elected them to
do?

Of course, I'd be happy to see a Midwest mini since I only attend
conventions that I can drive my Corvair to within one day.  Oregon, as much
as I'd like to see it some day, would not fit within my personal criteria
for convention attendance.  So, to me, there is NO conflict - instead there
is an opportunity to attend in a year that I would not otherwise have gone.
I think that it is a GREAT idea.

Aside from that, I've been hearing about this go-kart track for the past 3
years or so and never got there.  This would get me out there - a full
convention, with several events, vendors on site, many Corvair friends
there, etc, etc.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140