<VV> Starting difficulty

Retting Family retting@starpower.net
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:16:46 -0400

I have a 1965 110 hp Monza that has great difficulty starting, at times. It
cranks and cranks, but does not ignite.  I changed the ignition to
electronic-type with a high voltage coil, but the problem persists.  Although
sometimes it starts relatively easily.  I guess a tune-up is in order, but I
wonder if anyone has thoughts about specific problems, such as spark plugs or
carburetors?

In a related question, what is the recommended procedure for pressing the gas
pedal while starting a cold engine?  Maybe I'm sending too much gas to the
carbs?  Thanks for your replies!

Richard Retting
Fairfax, VA