<VV> Wheels / Tire swap and front disc brakes

John Sconiers jsconiers@mac.com
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:28:01 -0500

I have a set of 18" ( I believe 8" wide) rims with 225 / 40 ZR 18"
tires that I pulled from my 2003 Nissan Maxima.  They've been sitting
in my basement since December.  I'm getting the bright idea of placing
them on a 65" vert but I don't believe the will fit.  From a previous
question I know the vair is a 5 on 4.75 bolt pattern.  I looked the
Maxima up and its bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3 with 12mm x 1.5 lug size.
I plan on doing a dual master cylinder and front disc brake conversion
kit.  My question are as follows:

1.  Is there a kit that will allow me to use those rims on the vair or
is it time to get rid of them and buy some more.

2.  I read in an article that after you go to disc brakes the wheels
need to be replaced.  Is this true?  What should I look for in a
replacement rim knowing I'm going to front disc brakes?

Thanks in advance!

JOHN