<VV> Re: Competing 2005 conventions

Harry Jensen, CORSA Executive Secretary corsa@corvair.org
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:42:26 -0500

Hi--

At 07:42 PM 6/23/2004, J R Read_HML wrote:
>Well, maybe I didn't state it well.  The sponsoring chapter WOULD need to
>apply to CORSA for the insurance (assuming they want coverage).  Whether it
>is simply an autocross OR something more - such as a mini-convention, it
>would certainly be the wise thing to do.
>
>IF it is a mini, then it would have to fit those established guidelines as
>well.
>
>Better stated?

Yep. The guidelines are for SANCTIONED minis. Any chapter can have any
convention they like without CORSA approval. A CORSA Sanctioned Convention
must have a concours and one other competitive auto event and use CORSA rules.

The Virginia Vair Fair has sometimes be a CORSA-Sanctioned event, but
mostly it is simply a regional convention without a sanction.

BTW, we like to call them regional conventions as distingished from
International Conventions.

--H