<VV> Wheels / Tire swap and front disc brakes

Frank F Parker fparker@umich.edu
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:16:26 -0400 (EDT)

> Frank: I'd be interested in knowing the offset of your wheels. And, are
> they all the same? Do you think there's room for 225's in front? Your
> 215/40's must be about 24.8" diameter, probably a good diameter. Do you
> think a little larger diameter would fit?

Wheels are 18" x 7.81" in the front. The offset is 15.2 mm but the easier,
not confusing backspace, is 4.500" Wheel is the std 5 x 4.75" bolt
pattern.
The id three inches inside the wheel mounting flange is 196.2mm yielding
about 5mm clearance to the late model C5 Corvette brake calipers.

Rears are highly negative for clearance to fender and the modified
coilover suspension.

regards,

frank