<VV> Convention idea

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:05:52 EDT

Hey with all the talk about upcoming conventions I came up with an idea...

How about having the convention in the same place every year. Wichita would
be a great place geographically, it's almost the center of the continental US.
Nice flat land for record MPG in the econo run. We could even have a one way
event, with the wind, which may allow for 50+ MPG results. How about a new
CORSA event, tornado chasing? We have two road courses, Hallett and Heartland
Park, with in easy driving distance, plus a local drag strip and a dirt track
(anyone race their Corvair in the dirt?). As an added bonus, there not much to do
here except drive your Corvair. Each year a different chapter can send a dozen
or so people to set thing up and share in the profits.

I hope that you all realize that I'm not serious about this plan...Or am I?

In all seriousness, I'd love to see more Corvair events closer to home. It
seems that most of the 'big' events are on the coasts, of course that where most
of the people are...

I'll try a mini, I can't seem to get a car to make it to "the big one" maybe
it will make it to a mini.

Ned