<VV> LEXINGTON AND PORTLAND

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:23:21 -0700

I'm backed up with work - BUT had to put on a note about the wonderful
folks at Lexington - Greg Scarboro, Ricky Williams, Richard Jennings and
crew  put on a swell event in a beautiful state! The drama over the
raffle car at the banquet made sitting through all those other 4 hour
Corsa banquets worth it! Thanks for everything folks!

As to Portland next year and sanctioned regionals etc.  As I have always
stated, I will vend at ANY Corsa sanctioned regional convention., as I
have since 1987. I have personally missed the regular midwest events
(Ray Mitchell's 1996 Columbus being the last one). Just my two cents,
however. 30 days off from our National in Portland is too close.
Virtually all the old sanctioned regionals were in May or even earlier.
 Having the event at least 2 months apart would serve both events, as,
 many folks could then attend both. Even as a vendor only 30 days apart
would be stressful.

A word to the Midwest organizers - at Lexington MANY people said they
wouldn't miss Portland for the world. Over the next 13 months you'll
find out why. I would hate to see a midwest or even East coast regional
suffer in attendance by being too close to our National. Those of you
who attened our sanctioned regional in 1995  know what I mean. (Haven't
you always wanted to visit "the end of the earth" anyway?)   Lon
 2005 Convention Publicity Chair

www.corvairunderground.com