<VV> Re: Racin in the Dirt

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 10:47:07 -0700

At 10:16 hours 06/26/2004 -0400, vairologist@juno.com wrote:
>> From: Dale Dewald <dkdewald@pasty.net>
>> Subject: <VV> VV Re: anyone race their Corvair in the dirt?
>Smitty says:  Every year Paul Whelan holds an event at his farm he calls
>a Hodown.  We lay out an autocross course with pylons in a "BIG" pasture.
> Traction changes all day long depending on what the weather has been
>like as the tires wear through the turf and get into the underlying dirt,
>clay, sand or whatever.  Holding a two wheel drift all the way through a
>half block long sweeper is great fun.

Isn't he afraid the environadernazis would descend upon his property and
scream that he's defiling the natural habitat of the 17 year locust?    Add
to this that someone would be doing it with a *car* which is bad enough,
but a Vair?   Horrors!

We all must be saved from ourselves...

tony..

----- "Forgive him Caesar.  He is a barbarian and thinks the rules of his