<VV> Re: Racin in the Dirt

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:34:41 +0000

Tony

I have been to the event,which in those days ( mid 90's) we just called "Paul's Farm" in the TCC.

The grassy autocross that Smitty describes is a riot, but even better than that is the Blind Man's autocross, where the driver is blindfolded and the navigator must REALLY navigate. It's a real leg wetter.

Also there are usually other activities, of course most of the TCC group have their merit badge in "Eating", there have been tractor driven Hayrides for all, and I was at one (and perhaps more) where some of the folks camp out there overnight.

I know that TCC and some of the folks from the Richmond club show up, and others from various places in VA--Allen Bristow has been there, and Ward Bourgondien also.

Now if only you and Smitty were closer (is that possible?)<GG> you could nose around for an invite. It isn't all that far for you.... And I had a great time there when I attended.

Dale, as for regular (circle track) dirt track racin', I haven't seen any Corvairs on the dirt tracks around Western NC---the classes are mostly for Fords and Chevy's with 4 or 8 cylinder engines---don't know what class a Vair would go in.

Regards HANK