<VV> Clutch Problem Still Not Solved in FC

* Greenbrier Goon * greenbriergoon@hotmail.com
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 03:47:30 +0000

Hey everybody:

A few weeks ago I mentioned the clutch problems I am having with my 1963 FC
that I have just converted to a 4 speed from a Powerglide.

It has all of the correct 1963 clutch and flywheel parts including an  NOS
throwout bearing to replace the shorter aftermaket one provided by one of
the vendors.

It still crunches going into the gears.  It seems that I just can't get
enough pull at the clutch rod by the cable.

It has been suggested that the cable may be the problem or that lengthening
the pedal would solve the problem.

I am still stumped.  I really need to get this thing moving soon because I
am planning to move soon.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)

Don't let Ralph Nader ruin another Presidential election.
http://www.ralphdontrun.net

MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access fights spam and pop-ups  now 3 months FREE!