<VV> Corsa clutch cable

EUGENE1938@aol.com EUGENE1938@aol.com
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:19:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/26/04 6:55:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Pitts10ch@aol.com writes:
How do I change my clutch cable?  Should I jack from the rear or the front?
Any other tips would be great.  I guess 40 years was adequate service form
the
original.

Chris,
If the cable broke at the ball where it attaches to the pull arm on the
clutch pedal assembly you can fix it by attaching an eye bolt to the end of the
cable with a cable clamp and hooking the eye bolt over the "V" in the pull arm.
Leave the cable clamp loose till you get it over the "V" then tighten the
cable as much as you can and tighten the clamp to hold it.  I did this temporary
fix ten years ago on my 65 and it's still there.  I think it's better than
original.  IMHO

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
IECC - Riverside, CA