<VV> Elementary LM jacking question

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:44:59 -0400

Catch the car on the intersection of the two pinch welds ahead of the
rear wheel, what I call the point of the triangle. It's the strongest
point on the side of the car. Do NOT jack on only the single pinch weld
seam, as I've seen the pinch weld bend and fold over when the car's
jacked only on the single pinch weld seam. Then place the rear jackstand
on the triangle area, and the front one(s) either on the center of the
crossmember (a good place to jack up only the front) or beside the front
A-arm attachments OR behind the front suspension on the body's subframe.
Note: Three jackstands are good only when you aren't doing anything to
shake or lean on the front end of the car or be under the front.

-Mark