<VV> UM updates??

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:48:01 -0600 (MDT)

Nothing on our Ultra here.   Finished hooking up the kickdown switch  on
our friend Robert Golds's V8 Torovair.  Then with it working about 20
miles later the transmission
promptly gave up the ghost.  It will not move in drive.   With lots of
revving it will ever so slightly move and eventually get up to maybe 5
miles per hour. Before it did this I Had taken the pan off and cleaned the
kickdown sollenoid, since it was gummed up and not working,
and refilled with fresh fluid.  After it stopped working I took the pan
off to check everything.  Fluid looked a little dirty already but no metal
chunks.   Took valve body off and checked it out, put
it back, once again filled with fresh fluid, same thing.  Any Ideas?  It
is a TH425 trans. It will run and move in reverse just fine still.

-Geoff Johnson