<VV> Looking for new wheels.

Jim Bannister jimster1@earthlink.net
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:48:27 -0700

Hi all,

I'm about ready to start looking for a set of new wheels for my LM.  A
friend has a set of 16X7 wheels with about a 4" back space.  I've seen that
for a 7" wheel that the backspace ought to be about 3.5".  Am I correct in
assuming that a bit more back space is better than not enough.  As far as
fit and rubbing is concerned, the problems lie toward the outside of the
tire along the edge of the fender rather than on the inside.  I'm thinking
that if the wheel sits a bit deeper into the wheel well, that is an OK
thing.  Please correct me if I'm B.S.ing myself.