<VV> Re: Engine Tin

larry@forman.net larry@forman.net
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:53:40 -1100 (SST)

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:27:49 -0400, vairologist@juno.com wrote:
> > From: tom zimmermann <s10birdman1966@yahoo.com>
> > To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
> > Subject: <VV> re;eng tin
> ..just grinding teeth cause i don't want to pull heads
> > off arunning motor just to chek for grassclippings,it wouldn't get
> > back together this season...tom
> Smitty says:  Tom I hope I didn't read to understand that you think you
> have to remove the heads to put the deflectors on.  Just the pushrod
> tubes.

And I have heard of people removing just two rocker head stud nuts at a time and then removing the pushrod tube and retorquing those.
Continuing onto the next two and getting all the pushrod tubes out and then placing the sheet metal in under them and reversing the process
to get the metal in there without disturbing the head gaskets.  I have not needed to do that YET.

-- Larry

Larry Forman