<VV> rediscovered show car? -- PHOTOS ONLINE

Bruce Schug bwschug@charter.net
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:32:55 -0400

I forwarded this message to some other Corvair people and got the
following reply from Richard Jenkins:

Bruce,

I am not on line with the VV so I will reply to you.   When we were in
Albuquerque New Mexico, (1996 CORA Convention)  I looked over a car much
like the one pictured.    In talking with the owner, it appeared that
he had
just completed the car that was referred to as "a copy of the Super
Spider".
It was built from a shortened early convertible.    I don't know if
this is
the same car but maybe someone else saw it and has a better memory.

Nice pictures,
Richard Jenkins

On Jun 28, 2004, at 2:55 PM, Steven J. Serenska wrote:

> VVers:
>
> I was intrigued by Tony U's post yesterday concerning the possibility
> of a "rediscovered show car".  I emailed Tony offline and asked him if
> I could post the pictures on a website so everyone could see them.
>
> I decided that it would make a pretty good presentation to simply take
> Tony's original post and illustrate it with the pictures he shared.
> The full story can be seen at:
>
> http://www.serenska.com/idealgarage/html/rediscovered_show_car_.cfm
>
> After I published the webpage last night, additional information has
> come in from Matt Nall and a few others who have contacted Tony
> directly.  I will update the webpage with this new information in a
> day or so.  Until then, I thought everyone might enjoy seeing the
> pictures of this unique car.
>
> If anyone knows anything else about the car, please let Tony know.
>
> Steven J. Serenska

Bruce W, Schug
CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC