<VV> Interference Problem - Cover and Alt Bolt?

EUGENE1938@aol.com EUGENE1938@aol.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:05:06 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/04 8:02:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
GYoungwolf@aol.com writes:
I have discovered that one of the bolts for the alternator (closest to the
engine top cover) can not be installed because there is no room (for a wrench or
socket) between the top cover - where the oil cooler cover goes - and the
bolt.

Grant,
I've run into this problem also.  My approach is to use a thin walled 9/16
inch socket
on a wobble end extension.  In stall the rear most bolt first but don't
tighten it.  Then
install the forward one.  You will know the holes are in alignment and all
you have to
do is rock the alternator up and down a little to get the forward bolt to go
in.  Then
secure the rear bolt.  I do it this way all of the time, no problem.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
IECC - Riverside, CA