<VV> PG Shift Adjustment Question

EUGENE1938@aol.com EUGENE1938@aol.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:13:41 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/04 7:31:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time, sziegler@cox.net
writes:
Anyway, when we put everything back together, the shift point
of the PG had changed...Before the teardown,  it was shifting, with light
throttle, at around 22 mph...Great for driving around in traffic...It would
shift at around 33-37 mph when I really stepped down on it...Now, we have lost
the minimum shift point

Steve,
Make sure the throttle rod is adjusted properly.  With the chokes open and
the
PG selector in low, adjust the throttle rod swivel so that it will just fit
into the
cross shaft, then attach the throttle spring.  This should put the throttle
bellcrank
top hole just even with the pan rail of the PG transmission.  If that doesn't
do it,
try a different governor, but I think the adjustment will fix it.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
IECC - Riverside, CA