<VV> Signal to Noise Ratio (no direct Corvair)

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:30:55 -0500

Actually, I had left - about 2 - maybe 3 yrs.  I was just TOO busy to deal
with the volume, and THAT IS a problem (even now to some extent).  I've got
a bit more time now, a faster computer and a faster connection.  Also, it
seems to me that the volume is down about 30 - 40% from what it was at that
time.  Probably because a lot of the "chaff" moved to TALK.

Always in the past, I turned VV off during convention (those I attended).
This yr, I left it on.  Took about 1 1/2 hours to catch back up.  It used to
take that just to stay current.  So, I am back and happy with the way it is
working.

Now, I don't have the expertise of lclc or Ken Hand, but I DO try to help
(especially the newbies) where I feel that I can contribute worthwhile
information.  It seems to me that many others here do that as well.  You
don't always see it, because many times the suggestions are sent off list.

So, to me, THAT is the spirit and at least one purpose of VV...  To help
others solve Corvair related problems.  It is also a somewhat social
gathering akin to hangin' round the garage and working out solutions,
telling stories, talking about the kids, the wife, future plans and so on.
It would get pretty boring otherwise - the "been there, done that" attitude
could creep in and take the fun away.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140