<VV> Re: Signal to noise ratio

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:54:24 -0400

Good evening all....

Roger, thanks for your input.
I have also read this all day.

Time was my large Polish behind would have been dead in the middle of this
one.

People come, and people go....I've only been here for 7 years now. Until VV
I had only been to one National. Heard lots about them. But the only one I
went to was the one that my club helped to host (Williamsburg 1994). At that
time I had been a CORSA member for 6 years.  Since joining VV I have been to
4 of the 7 Nationals, 2 of which I missed due to family obligations on my
vacation time. 2 were in the West (Lake Tahoe and Flagstaff).

If you go to a National and spend your vacation looking at Corvairs, Talking
with all your friends from VV, buying and selling parts, swapping lies with
the vendors, Sorry but I can't find a way that you wouldn't enjoy yourself.
I even enjoyed working on the convention.  Buffalo 2006 is fast approaching,
and I can't wait to see all our cars in the town I was raised in..... I
would LOVE for the Chevrolet Engine Plant to let us park a couple hundred
Corvairs on the lawn for an overhead group shot.

Point is, VV is my daily shot of Corvairs. Keeps me motivated inbetween
meets and conventions.  Sure some of it drives me nuts, and I drive some of
you nuts.
But the banter is so much more educational than in the days before the talk
list.

We tried a Tech List option while I was Chairman, and Ken Hand and Steve
Goodman for 2 were interested, but there wasn't much interest among all of
you.

Here's the bottom line-

In 1992 there were about what, 6 people organized as what would become
Virtual Vairs.....
Today, even with all the hookie, dookie, and other disorganized stuff,
there are nearly 1000 people on this list.

What's that tell you??

Apologies to the naysayers, but I politely disagree.
The BBRT, WRBT, and the various racer groups drive me batty, but their
banter can be entertaining too. They're just having fun.  And Why Not????
Just an example.

Hang around. It's all in how you want to take it.

Regards
HANK