<VV> Lexington Rally results

Rusty Rose vairboy2001@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:19:26 -0700 (PDT)

I was one of those stuck because of the train, and was
held up some at the last lights.  I recorded the times
we were delayed and at the end, talked to the
"guy-in-charge" to get it worked out (per the rules).
He confirmed what I suspected... the RR crossing
marked the end of that timed run, so you could have
sat there an hour and it would not have mattered as
long as you recorded your time as you stopped to wait
on the train.  The part of the rally after the RR
tracks and before the next check point had no affect
on your score other than for the total mileage.

I'm reasonably sure the same goes for the lights at
the end as well.  Like I was told by the rally
organizer, there is no way they could have scored
timing in these "city" places.

Rusty Rose
NTCA (36th in Rally!)

--------------------------------
<snip> The only problem was we were delayed once by a
train for 11 minutes and also for 17min 30
seconds at a traffic light. <snip> I don't know how
these two factors effected the rest of the
participants, but they were a disaster for us.  There
were others in the same line as us who were effected
similarly.  These problems surely skewed the tally to
varying degrees for some of the participants, making
the results of the Rally considerably off time because
of something beyond our control.
<snip>