<VV> Engine removal/Reinstall

Craig Eagleson cleagl@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:44:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Grant,

I'm about to remove my drive train (for a variety of reasons) and don't have a
J-28-whatever tool that the Shop Manual suggests.  And I have never used an ATV jack.
 Is there something that the ATV jack uses that repicates the engine cradle tool?
I have a good floor jack, but what else is needed to create a secure balance for a
floor jack? I know where the balance point is from Bob Helts book.
Anyone else have a good replacement for J28-whatever?
TIA
-cleagl
'63 Spyder vert

------- smit typ of snip -----------------
Just for information. I used my new ATV lift ($79 from Sears) to install an
engine yesterday. ........... It wouldn't be hard even if the engine was on the
floor since you would only have to lift/leverage it up about 3 inches. I highly
recommend one of these things!
Grant
------- end of smit typ of snip-----------