<VV> Performance workshop

Levair@aol.com Levair@aol.com
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:52:34 EST

shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca writes:

<< I'd love to have that Bill Thomas car, it's got to be the ass-kickingest
 Corvair ever.
 How has it fared and what will you do with it?

It won a lot of Road races and hill climbs in the late 60's (documented) ,
then was restored by the Cactus Corvair Club, Ed Connolley, and Doug Roe for the
'87 Monterey classics.  I was there helping to deliver Jim Schardt's Stinger.
The Orange car was beautiful, but was restored mechanically wrong and DNFd
due to an oil plumbing problem.
  It has sat in the california dessert for 16 years. Most mechanical goodies
are missing (incorrectly restored anyway), but the suspension, brakes, and
such are in very good shape and it came with many new, hard core, hard to find
parts.
   I am installing a new fuel cell, all new oil and fuel plumbing,a fresh
turbo engine and transaxle, and all new safety equipment. I wasn't looking for
this car, but who could resist owing and running this vintage classic.
   I spent a lot of pleasant time with Doug Roe at Monterey.
   It will compete this fall in hill climbs and ??????

Warren