<VV> Powerglide again

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:57:29 -0700

Get under the car lower the end of the tranny and replace the part and
readjust the low band.  I have done the same thing before when I left a
similar if not the same thing out of a pwerglide when rebuilding.  Did the
whole thing in about two hours from test drive to test drive.... this was
on an early though so it might have been a bit faster then on a late.  I
say give it a shot, if that does not fix it then rebuild, but I think its
worth the time to give it a shot first.
Just remember the adjustment is 40 inch pounds not foot pounds on the low
band <GGGG> ... I learned the hard way one day when I misread the manual
and all of a sudden snap the PG case shattered... <GGGG>
Geoff Johnson
3 Pg cars....