<VV> Powerglide Again

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:41:45 EST

In a message dated 3/2/2004 9:22:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
khammett@stainlessfab.com writes:

Did I understand you correctly that when you put the engine back in you
should have installed the TC on the input shaft first, and bolted to flex
plate after the engine is in place?  I take it that this means that when you
pulled the engine the input shaft came out with the TC.  My concern is that
I will have problems when putting my powertrain back together as my input
shaft came out with the TC, I don't want to have problems as you have
described.  Is it easy to slip the front pump out of position?  How can one
test to see if it is in place (without taking the front off the PG).

    The torque converter should always be installed on the trans and diff
before you mate the engine. If you try leaving the converter on the engine then
you run the risk of not lining up a shaft or two plus you have the oil mess all
over the place from the oil draining when you pull the engine AND the seal
might get damaged going back together.
    To many "IF's" for me.
    Ken Hand