<VV> Powergliding my life away

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:04:10 -0500

Thanks to all the VVers who chimed with responses to my 'Glide questions the
last couple of days.  Based upon the learned responses I received and some
additional reading in the shop manual, I have decided that I should leave
the transmission in the car and take care of the two known problems without
removing it.  Pulling the trans or the drivetrain to do this work will
probably create more problems than it will solve, especially if I can adjust
the low band adjusting screw without using a torque wrench.

I probably put less than 200 miles on the trans since I had the front cover
off.  Any reason to replace the front cover gasket with a new one, or can I
reuse the new one I put on last fall?

Thanks,

Norm Witte