<VV> Responsible Eastern Director Candidate?

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:49:00 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <CorsaVair@aol.com>

> In a message dated 3/4/2004 8:16:31 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
> ncwitte@wittelaw.com writes:
> Go ahead.  Throw away the late model vote.  It's not my campaign.
>
> Norm
> Norm - - -Good shot!!!  Bill, let's see how you handle this one.  Let's
see
> if the early vs late issue is more important to you than the
election. - - -Dick

To Norm, Dick, and other interested parties:

I am running for the BOD as the person I am.  Humor is a part of my persona
and I have no intention of putting on a false front for the sake of
politics.  It is a matter of record that I frequently preach the mantra of
"Earlies are Better" - for me to drop that now would be to present myself as
something I am not.  I will let the facts of my life reveal my true person.
Let anybody with any Corvair, Early OR Late, ask me for help or advice and I
will do the best I can for them.

It was a Late Model Corvair that got me through college and Medical School,
and it is a Late Model Corvair I bought for my son.

As a point of fact, all of my own current Corvairs are 1964s.  It is easier
for me to maintain and restore them that way, but it doesn't mean I am
unable to appreciate the virtues of different models and different years.

I only run manual fuel pumps and standard ignition systems on my Corvairs,
and I always adjust my valves cold.  I prefer stock restorations to
modified, because  I am interested in history and I like seeing the cars the
way they were.

Still, that does not mean I cannot enjoy seeing modified Corvairs.  I am
awed and amazed at some of the creative and technologically advanced
creations that appear at Corvair shows.

So I occasionally poke fun at the way other people do things.  What do you
expect from a guy who restored a Sedan!??  If you really think that means I
don't like your car or appreciate the efforts you put into it, then you
really don't know me very well.

I am not running for the BOD to pad my resume or to boost my ego in some
way.  I am secure with myself as I am.  I do believe, however, that I have
some skills and talent that can be of use of the CORSA BOD.  As I said in my
official campaign statement, in spite of any perceptions you may have about
me and my preferences for Aqua Colored Four Door Early Corvairs, if I am
elected to the BOD I will look after the best interests and welfare of All
Corvairs.

Bill Hubbell
TCC President 2003-2004
CORSA Eastern Division Director Candidate 2004

"No Corvairs were harmed in the typing of this message"