<VV> Judson Supercharger Install Complete!!!

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:07:59 -0500

Eric,
	Re your transitions....

This sounds like massive transition/progression circuit failure.  On a
normally aspirated carb application, you are aware there is an idle jet and
"circuit"-the passages that mix air and fuel.  Likewise there is a main jet
and main circuit which does the same thing; mix air and fuel.  These two
circuits are applied where the vacuum/pressure "signal" is the strongest or
optimum for the individual circuit.

	The carb must move from using the idle circuit to the main circuit
and there are a series of passages that allow for fuel and air to pass into
the carb bore as the idle signal falls off and the main jet signal increases
and takes over.

This transition is critical; much more so than most folks realize.

When you floor it, you are opening the throttle plate, momentarily have
massive air flow with little fuel, then before dumping accel pump fuel, you
have air-choked the engine.  At a lesser throttle, without sufficient
"transition" mixture to carry it into higher rpm and air flow operation, the
engine stumbles and picks up.

You may have a too big carb. You may have jets that are not right for the
supercharged application.  You may have no transition circuit operation.

Chuck S
YS73